Sunday, November 08, 2009

New Old Dog


Well, we took the plunge again and got a dog. It wasn't easy after my Akita, Abigail died last year. I just felt it was time. We went to a rescue on Staten Island called P.L.U.T.O. (Pet Lovers United Together as One). They usually set up a mobile shelter outside of Petco and, after we got home from summer vacation, we (well, I) decided to go pay them a visit. I had been there months before by myself just to check it out and I wasn't impressed. I saw a dog that I thought would be good for the kids, no great woop. I put in an application and never heard back from them. This time, when got out of the car and walked up to the store, I saw him - THE ONE, the Big Woop. I said out loud, "There's my dog!" He is a Dachchund/Basset Hound mix. He was a little overweight, no a lot overweight (he slimmed down and is a fit fido now). He is cute as a button. The kids sat and played with him while I filled out the application and I didn't have any expectations as we left (remembering my last visit). That night, we got a call and a visit from the PLUTO people and the next day we picked up Tybo. I call him Tiberius. It feels like he's always been with us. He's my hot water bottle at night and a companion to us during the day. He sits by me where ever I am (like now) and loves taking walks. Funny dog. Very verbal too, and the best part is he's HOUSEBROKEN. It's all good.

No comments: